Subscribe to our emails
START DATE: July 1, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday; occasional nights and weekends
OFFICE LOCATION: City of Atlanta, Physical address 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 (Located inside The Met). This position does require travel in and around the city of Atlanta to provide coverage for the 36 fire stations and other Atlanta Fire Rescue Department affiliated facilities and will require a vehicle or access to a vehicle.
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Coordinator is a key part of the donor relations and resource development work of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation, with a particular focus on stewarding corporate and foundation donors. The donor relations team generates community engagement and donations that allow AFRF to provide services, resources, and support to the Atlanta Fire Rescue Department and the more than 1,200 men and women who serve within it.
Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Research local, state, and national corporate and foundation donor prospects whose giving guidelines align with AFRF’s missions and programs. Submit requests for general operating, event sponsorship and program-specific funding and engage in appropriate follow up.
- Maintain an annual grants calendar with deadlines for submitting corporate and foundation requests and corresponding reporting requirements.
- Manage grant funding spend down and activities to assure compliance and accurate and timely reporting.
- Identify funding needs through regular interaction with AFRD staff and fire station visits.
- Establish and maintain relationships with corporate liaisons and foundation gift officers and share the impact they can have on our first responders and the community at large through their support.
- Secure business and corporate sponsors (in kind and monetary) for the Foundation’s signature events, Breakfast With Our Bravest and the Station 16 Holiday Party as well as any additional events planned by the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Manage a dynamic institutional donor stewardship program that includes sponsor benefits to share the impact of their support and a robust recognition/appreciation program that engages them in the AFRF mission beyond their grants.
- Implement additional revenue generators to drive unrestricted support (i.e. social media campaigns, storytelling opportunities etc.)
Donor Relations Operations
- Maintain updated donor records in the Foundation’s primary databases: Arreva (fundraising CRM), Constant Contact (email communications), and Quickbooks (financial accounting system).
- Maintain a development calendar with city, department, and foundation events that can be leveraged for donor engagement.
- Implement stewardship activities for Foundation donors based on a matrix. These may include station visits, impact reports, and personal contact.
- Represent the AFRF at public events, stakeholder meetings, and presentations and use these opportunities to further engage supporters in the Foundation’s mission.
- Assist in developing content for the Foundation’s communications via social media, website, and newsletter.
- Assist in developing content and data for AFRF’s annual report.
- Run monthly giving reports to share with organizational staff and board leadership to assist in determining progress toward funding goals and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Meet with AFRD staff to understand the needs and wants of each organizational section.
- Staff Foundation special events such as Breakfast With Our Bravest, Station 16 Holiday Party, and events done in conjunction with AFRD.
- Must embrace the mission of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation and Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Minimum of 2-5 years in fundraising or resource development, CFRE preferred.
- Proficient in using fundraising CRMs such as Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, Arreva or similar products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as position requires direct interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient with G-Suite, Office365 and virtual platforms such as Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
- Be a self-starter and goal driven, comfortable with initiating donor visits and fundraising calls
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals or CFRE (preferred)
This role supports Executive Staff and directly reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Range: $45,000 to 60,000 commensurate with education and experience. Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
Benefits: Employee medical, dental and vision insurance paid by employer at 100%. The Foundation also offers life insurance, short term disability (STD), and long-term disability (LTD).
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Application Submission Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2023.
No phone calls! Interested candidates should APPLY HERE.
Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.