Subscribe to our emails
START DATE: November 15, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, occasional nights and weekends
OFFICE LOCATION: City of Atlanta, Physical address 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 (Located inside The Met). This position also includes a hybrid work schedule including one remote day and 4 in-office days on average.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning and implementing sustainable fundraising strategies, initiatives, and programs to provide for the short and long-term needs of the Foundation. The position will plan fundraising events and activities, engage with current supporters to encourage ongoing contributions, and seek out additional donors and opportunities for increased financial support from individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.
- Craft a comprehensive fundraising strategy for donors and prospects at all levels and in every constituency. The strategy should be growth-oriented, data-driven, and relationship-focused.
- Establish and execute an annual development action plan that is based on donor-related data, formulates clear goals, identifies strategies and activities for each step of the development cycle across all constituencies, provides for balanced revenue generation throughout the entire year, and assures a diverse revenue stream that is essential for a sustainable fundraising program.
- Foster, support, and manage a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
- Provide regular communication and training for staff and Board members on their role in the fundraising process. Encourage their participation as donors, ambassadors, and solicitors and support their efforts to successfully secure philanthropic support on behalf of the Foundation.
- Implement fund development strategies and targets that align with the Foundation’s strategic plan and mission/vision/values statements. Educate the broader constituencies about the organization’s needs and the impact the organization has in the community.
- Manage the donor relations strategy to cultivate relationships with new donors and steward current donors to maximize donor retention, engagement, and support.
- Establish and track relationship-based metrics to assess the current engagement and activity of donors and determine the effectiveness of various efforts in engaging donors and increasing support.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors whose engagement and support are critical to the Foundation’s success.
- Create, manage, and follow-up on annual and special fundraising campaigns targeting the organization’s various constituencies.
- Develop and maintain a donor portfolio by cultivating and securing new and existing individual, corporate, foundation, and in-kind donations.
- Support and maintain effective donor appreciation and recognition programs and events.
- Support President/CEO in identifying and cultivating existing and potential Board Members for engagement in the development program.
- Identify prospective donors by researching individuals, corporations and foundations with capacity and propensity to give to missions like ours.
- Conduct ongoing performance analysis of fundraising efforts, using appropriate standards, in order to identify opportunities, set priorities, resolve problems and inform future planning.
- Ensure sound administrative and management policies and procedures to support fundraising functions; including creating, following, and training others to follow appropriate gift acceptance policies that reflect legal and ethical standards.
- Enter all donor research, information, and interactions in fundraising database.
- Manage and maintain a fundraising budget.
- Represent the organization in the community as appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Must embrace the mission of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation and Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must represent a sense of respect to all encountered.
- Must have ability to work successfully in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must exemplify professionalism while representing the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the position requires direct interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop & strengthen long-term relationships.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Must possess an Executive Presence – the ability to influence without authority.
- General understanding of finance and business.
- Ability to use fundraising software.
- Flexible work schedule to attend events and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with G-Suite, Microsoft Office suite and virtual platforms such a Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a self-starter and goal drive to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening abilities.
- Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid GA driver’s license and must have active GA driver’s insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years fundraising experience. Individual giving experience preferred.
- Experience managing fundraising events, soliciting, and closing gifts, handling confidential information.
This role supports Executive Staff and directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer. (Subject to Change)
Range: $85,000 to 90,000 commensurate with education and experience. Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
Benefits: Employee Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance paid by employer at 100%.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Application Submission Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2023.
No phone calls! Interested candidates should APPLY HERE.
Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.