Subscribe to our emails
START DATE: November 15, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, occasional nights and weekends
OFFICE LOCATION: City of Atlanta, Physical address 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 (Located inside The Met). This position also includes a hybrid work schedule including one remote day and 4 in-office days on average.
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and handling various tasks including managing executive schedules, handling correspondence, organizing meetings, maintaining records, performing light financial data entry, as well as ensuring smooth operations and effective communication internally and externally for the organization.
- Act as the point of contact between the Foundation’s Chief Executive and internal/external clients
- Provide administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf.
- Organize meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary.
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls in a polite and professional manner, taking messages and routing correspondence.
- Manage the executive’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Welcome visitors and identify the purpose of their visit or call before directing them to the appropriate personnel.
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Maintain appointments.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
- Perform minor accounting duties.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Take dictation and minutes and accurately enter data.
- Monitor office supplies and research advantageous deals or suppliers.
- Produce reports, presentations, and briefs.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Represent the organization in the community as appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Proactivity and self-direction
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 2+ years administrative experience.
- Experience handling confidential information.
This role supports Executive Staff and directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer. (Subject to Change)
Range: $45,000 to 50,000 commensurate with education and experience. Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
Benefits: Employee Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance paid by employer at 100%.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Application Submission Deadline: Friday, November 3, 2023.
No phone calls! Interested candidates should APPLY HERE.
Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.