Subscribe to our emails
Firefighters have a tough job. They’re constantly putting their own lives at risk to save others. But Atlanta firefighters need your help.
Since fire stations are in operation 24/7, 365 days a year there is a lot of upkeep. There's a great deal of wear and tear on their equipment because it's being used every single day.
Many of these “replacement” costs, like a new mattress, gym equipment, and washers and dryers are often not covered by the city’s budget. By coming together, we can connect to our community stations and give back to our firefighters that live here and work here 24 hours a day.
Approved Donation Items
In addition to becoming a corporate sponsor or making a monetary donation, you can also donate items from our approved donation items list below.
- Office Equipment: Brand New Office Equipment Such as Fax Machines, Printers, Computers, and Supplies
- Kitchen: Pots and Pans, Ice Machines, Kitchen Appliances, Plates, Cups, and Silverware
- Bedroom: Mattresses, Linens, Sleeping Bags
- Outdoor: Power Tools, Hand Tools, Generators, Lawn Mowers or Landscaping Equipment, Compressors, Building Materials, Securable Storage Facilities, Outdoor Grills, Unused American Flag
- Household & Miscellaneous: Training Room Exercise Equipment, Washer and Dryer, Specialized Firefighting, Rescue and Medical Equipment, Televisions, Fan, Furniture, Blinds or Curtains, AEDs
Make an Online Charitable Contribution
Coming together as a community helps us all be the first responders to the first responders. As the city’s budget is primarily committed to covering firefighter salaries and benefits, our foundation provides the gap funding necessary to maintain a world-class fire and rescue institution. Support for the Foundation means Atlanta firefighters have the resources they need to keep Atlanta safe.
Our programs include all of the following:
- Atlanta Community Emergency Response Team (ACERT)
- AFRD Cadet Program
- AFRD Scholarship Fund
- Atlanta Smoke Alarm Program (ASAP)
- Camp Ignite
- Fire Station Fund
- Housing for Heroes: Affordable Housing Initiative
- Rising Phoenix Leadership Institute (RPLI)