Subscribe to our emails
START DATE: December 1, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, occasional nights and weekends
OFFICE LOCATION: City of Atlanta, Physical address 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 (Located inside The Met). This position also includes a hybrid work schedule including one remote day and 4 in-office days on average.
The Marketing and Social Media Coordinator supports the overall marketing and social media efforts of the Foundation and is responsible for the development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives, social media management and branding. The Marketing and Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for content planning, content editing, and campaign measurement. The ideal candidate is proactive, innovative, and passionate about brand awareness and marketing. Occasional travel is required.
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote the Foundation’s ongoing efforts, programs and campaigns.
- Evaluating and monitoring campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports.
- Independently coordinating marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral
- Creating engaging text, image and video content.
- Establishing and evaluating a marketing plan by analyzing and assembling forecasts, updating calendars and organizing and planning brand presentations
- Coordinating event, or content email marketing campaigns, including copy, scheduling, testing, and database management
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice.
- Communicating marketing campaign deliverables, objectives and timelines.
- Managing social media accounts, producing social media campaign schedules and pulling KPI data to determine social media campaigns’ success.
- Planning, executing, and tracking of marketing initiatives such as email, newsletters, events, social media, or content marketing.
- Researching audience preferences and conducting market research to identify trends.
- Designing posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new initiatives.
- Measuring web traffic and monitor SEO
- Stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Managing relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness.
- Represent the organization in the community as appropriate.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Must embrace the mission of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation and Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Knowledge of marketing-related business practices, including advertising, market research, technology and budgeting
- Effective communication skills and adaptable communication style for interacting with team members, upper management and external relationships of the Foundation.
- Time management and organization skills for planning and executing both large and small marketing projects and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing.
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports.
- Must have a high level of creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Proficient with content creation and marketing-related software programs
- Must have ability to work successfully in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid GA driver’s license and must have active GA driver’s insurance.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must exemplify professionalism while representing the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience developing and executing successful marketing and social media campaigns, strategies, and efforts.
This role directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer. (Subject to Change)
Range: $45,000 to 60,000 commensurate with education and experience. Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
Benefits: Employee Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance paid by employer at 100%.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Application Submission Deadline: Friday, November 24, 2023.
No phone calls! Interested candidates should APPLY HERE.
Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.