START DATE: June 1, 2023
WORK HOURS: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, occasional nights and weekends
OFFICE LOCATION: City of Atlanta, Physical address 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 (Located inside The Met). This position does require travel in and around the City of Atlanta to provide coverage for Atlanta Fire Rescue Department’s 36 fire stations and 4 administrative facilities. This position also includes a hybrid work schedule including two remote days and 3 in-office days on average.
The Programs Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Foundation’s Executive Officers and is responsible for the management, coordination, and oversight of all organizational programs. Additionally, the capacity will support organizational efficiency and sustainable processes through planning, budgeting, and executing logistics.
- Manage daily operations and functions of foundation programs – collaborating with pertinent stakeholders to execute programming objectives
- Promote awareness of AFRF programs and programmatic functions and/or benefits to AFRD and community stakeholders
- Communicate accurate and reliable project status, updates and issues in a timely manner
- Carry out foundation logistics and strategy while managing program related projects
- Enter and manage data related to all program activities and produce associated reports
- Ensure program participants complete assessments, and evaluations that are collected
- Execute all program(s) related functions to sustain and enhance program success including but not limited to:
- Schedule Youth Program Pathways programming days and manage all program coordination activities including ordering food, uniforms and ensuring the safety and well-being of the staff and students
- Order, deliver and manage donations and purchased items for Fire Station Fund program
- Draft program communications such as flyers and posters to communicate deadlines and priorities with AFRD staff
- Recruit, screen, onboard, train and reward program volunteers
- Evaluate and track program performance and outcomes in addition to recommending adjustments in workflow to increase organizational efficiency.
- Work in partnership with organizational staff and departments to support foundation development efforts and data compiling for grant submissions.
- Represent AFRF in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers and vendors.
- Provides staff support and leadership to event chairs and related committees to help secure sponsors and participants.
- Coordinate work with external and internal audiences including vendors and donors.
- Assist with planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships, budgets and event logistics. May coordinate activities related to event program.
- Event material oversight: works with communications and marketing to develop materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Event Materials Oversight: Works with communications and marketing to develop materials elated to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Maintains spreadsheets of all special event timelines.
- Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices and payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
- Must embrace the mission of the Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation and Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Minimum of 2-5 years of operations, programmatic, and/or nonprofit experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as the position requires direct interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with G-Suite, Microsoft Office suite and virtual platforms such a Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
- Be a self-starter and goal drive to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening abilities
- Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid GA driver’s license and must have active GA driver’s insurance
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferred
This role supports Executive Staff and directly reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Range: $45,000 to 60,000 commensurate with education and experience. Selected candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to start date.
Benefits: Employee Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance paid by employer at 100%.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Application Submission Deadline: Friday, June 2, 2023.
No phone calls! Interested candidates should APPLY HERE.
Atlanta Fire Rescue Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.